1. Trademarks. Certified Master Inspector® is a trademark used by the MICB and is protected by United States trademark laws, Canadian trademark laws, and by applicable state laws. “Certified Master Inspector” is a certification mark under U.S. law and a trademark under Canadian law.
2. Copyright of Site Content. All site content, including, but not limited to, text, graphics and layout, is the property of the MICB and is protected by United States and international copyright laws. No portion of this site may be reproduced, copied, sold, visited, or otherwise used for any commercial purpose without the express written consent of the MICB. The content of this site may be printed, copied, viewed, downloaded, saved to disk for private use, and otherwise used solely for personal informational purposes, provided that any embedded copyright notices are not removed from the images. No site content may be altered in any way.
3. Not Responsible for External Links. This site may contain links to and from other Internet sites. These sites are independent of the MICB, and the MICB has no control over, or responsibility for, the content, functioning, operation, policies, or availability of such sites.
4. Disclaimer. The MICB assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the content of this site. The MICB makes no warranty of accuracy, completeness, adequacy, suitability, or non-infringement concerning this website or the information or materials contained herein. The MICB specifically disclaims any duty to update the information on this site.
5. Comments Become Property of MICB. Any feedback or suggestions, written or oral, directed to the MICB or this site become the property of the MICB. The MICB shall enjoy a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, and fully sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, and display such content throughout the world in any media. You grant the MICB the right to use the name that you submit in connection with such content, if it chooses to do so. Should you desire confidential treatment of feedback or suggestions, please write or email the MICB. No feedback, suggestions or commentary of any kind will be treated as confidential without a prior, written statement from the MICB.
6. No Warranties Regarding This Site or Services of the MICB Members. The MICB provides and maintains this site on an “AS AVAILABLE” basis. The MICB makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, as to the operation or availability of this site. You expressly agree that your use of this site is at your sole risk. Visitors to this site understand that the MICB does not guarantee or warrant the services of those who earn the Certified Master Inspector® designation, and visitors agree that the MICB is not liable for the alleged acts or omissions of any such inspectors, nor may the MICB be held liable for damages allegedly sustained as a result of the acts or omissions of certified inspectors, regardless of the legal theories employed.
7. Disclaimer of Warranties. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE MICB DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THE MICB DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THIS SITE, ITS SERVERS, OR E-MAIL SENT FROM THE MICB ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. YOU AGREE THAT THE MICB WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ALLEGEDLY ARISING FROM THE USE OF THIS SITE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, WITHOUT REGARD TO THE THEORY OF LIABILITY ASSERTED. THE MICB IS NOT LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM BY ANY THIRD PARTY, NO MATTER WHAT THEORY OF LIABILITY IS ASSERTED. THE INTENT OF THE MICB IS TO LIMIT ITS POTENTIAL LIABILITY TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW.
8. Venue for Legal Action. In any legal action in any way arising out of your use of this site, you agree that the exclusive venue shall be in the County or District Court of Boulder County, Colorado, or, if federal jurisdiction is mandatory, in the U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado in Denver.
9. Site Maintenance. You agree that the maintenance of this site by the MICB does not constitute the transaction of business in any state other than Colorado.
13. Waiver. Failure to insist upon strict compliance with any of the terms, covenants and conditions hereof shall not be deemed a waiver of such terms, covenants or conditions, nor shall any waiver or relinquishment of any right or power hereunder at any one or more times be deemed a waiver or relinquishment of such right or power at any other time or times. No waiver shall be valid unless in writing and signed by an authorized officer of the MICB.