Scroll down and follow these steps to use the power of your Certified Master Inspector® professional designation to boost your inspection business:
First, make sure your contact information is correct on the CMI® website:
Go to http://certifiedmasterinspector.org/find-a-certified-master-inspector and find yourself. Make sure that your contact information (phone, email, website) are correct. If you need to have anything corrected, email email@example.com
Next, download and print your Certified Master Inspector® certificate:
Go to http://certifiedmasterinspector.org/certificate to download and print your Certified Master Inspector® certificate. Include it in all your marketing and even include it within your inspection reports.
Next, order your free Certified Master Inspector® vehicle decal set:
Order your high-quality Certified Master Inspector® vehicle decal set (4 large and 2 small decals) and put them on your inspection vehicle. Your CMI® decal set and shipping are free at: http://www.inspectoroutlet.com/cmi-decals.aspx
Add the CMI® logo prominently to every page of your website:
Most consumers coming to your website are looking for one thing. They are looking to find a good inspector. The instant they believe they found what they are looking for, they stop looking and schedule the inspection. The Certified Master Inspector® logo immediately causes the consumer to believe that you are the perfect inspector for their project. So add the CMI® logo prominently to your home page and every other page of your inspection business website. Go to http://certifiedmasterinspector.org/logos to download the CMI® logo. If you are an inspection instructor (anywhere), you are free to go to http://certifiedmasterinspector.org/instructor to download the CMI® Instructor logo.
Add the “CALL ME” button with automated assistant to your website:
Or use this alternative button:
Never miss scheduling an inspection again. On a roof? No problem. Asleep at 3 a.m.? No problem. We’ve built an automated assistant who works 24 hours a day for you. Simply install this button on your inspection business website and your automated assistant will alert you when a consumer needs an inspection. Go here http://certifiedmasterinspector.org/call-me for instructions to add the “CALL ME” button to your website. This is a free service for all Certified Master Inspectors® who are also members of InterNACHI.
Add a custom Verification webseal to your website:
Or this alternative webseal:
Consumers and real estate professionals often ask the Master Inspector Certification Board to verify that an inspector is a Certified Master Inspector®. You can add a custom webseal to your website that allows visitors to verify this for themselves. Go here http://certifiedmasterinspector.org/webseal for instructions to add the webseal to your website.
Add the First-Time Home Buyer-Friendly logo to your website:
To attract first-time home buyers, put the First-Time Home Buyer-Friendly logo (with optional suggested text) on your website. Go here http://certifiedmasterinspector.org/friendly for instructions
Tout that you are a Certified Master Inspector®:
There are several ways to to tout your CMI® professional designation. Do so on your inspection business website and brochures. Go here http://certifiedmasterinspector.org/examples-of-professional-designation-in-use to see some examples of the many permitted uses of the trademarked professional designation. Go here: http://certifiedmasterinspector.org/in-use to see some actual examples of the CMI® logo in use on marketing pieces.
Order your free Certified Master Inspector® pin:
Order a free Certified Master Inspector® gold-plated pin and wear it on your inspections and whenever you meet someone that might be in a position to refer you business. Your CMI® pin and shipping are free at: http://www.certifiedmasterinspector.org/pin
Order your free Certified Master Inspector® name tag:
Order a free Certified Master Inspector® gold name tag and wear it on your inspections and whenever you meet someone that might be in a position to refer you business. Your CMI® name tag and shipping are free at: http://certifiedmasterinspector.org/name-tags
Create your own custom Safe Home book:
Every CMI® has their own custom book titled “The Safe Home.” To create and download yours simply find yourself on www.certifiedmasterinspector.org Then click the Download “Safe Home” book link. Wait 3 minutes. The system creates an entire book that has your name and contact information on the cover and embedded throughout.
Offer visitors to your website a free, customized copy of “The Safe Home” book:
Offer your inspection business website visitors a free copy of your customized Safe Home book. To get the URL (web address) of YOUR own custom book, go to the CMI® site: www.certifiedmasterinspector.org , find yourself, and right click on the Download “Safe Home” Book link to get the URL to your specific book that has your name and contact information embedded throughout. You can then link to it from your website as a free download. And don’t forget to email your favorite real estate agents and former clients the link to your custom book.
Copy and paste the CMI® Code of Ethics onto a page of your website:
Go to the Master Inspector Certification Board’s Code of Ethics page at http://certifiedmasterinspector.org/code-of-ethics Make a clean copy of it. If you don’t know how, go here for instructions: http://certifiedmasterinspector.org/how-to-make-a-clean-copy-of-a-document Put it on a page on your inspection business website. The CMI® Code of Ethics used the phrase “Certified Master Inspector®” more than 20 times. This will improve your search rank when a consumer looks for a Certified Master Inspector® online.
Use your InterNACHI’s message board posts as mini-ads to promote your inspection business:
InterNACHI’s message board (forum) comes up often when consumers search for inspectors and inspection-related information (see traffic stats). You should use your message board posts as mini-ads to promote your inspection business. The easiest way for Certified Master Inspectors® to do this is to display the Certified Master Inspector® logo next to their name and/or in their signature on every message board post. Those three little words “CERTIFIED MASTER INSPECTOR®” say it all…. and say it quickly.
- For instructions to add the CMI® avatar next to your message board name go to the top of this page: http://certifiedmasterinspector.org/message-board-marketing Alternatively visit our visual instructions page: http://certifiedmasterinspector.org/internachi-signature All your previous posts will now have the Certified Master Inspector® logo next to your name for consumers to see.
- For instructions to add the CMI® logo into your message board signature scroll half way down this page: http://certifiedmasterinspector.org/message-board-marketing Alternatively visit our visual instructions page: http://certifiedmasterinspector.org/internachi-signature All your previous posts will now have the Certified Master Inspector® logo in your message board signature for consumers to see.
Make posts on the CMI® -dedicated forum of InterNACHI’s message board:
Go to https://www.nachi.org/forum/f55 on a regular basis and contribute. Every one of your posts helps improve your search-engine optimization.
Make posts on the CMI® Facebook page:
Facebook is a great way to promote your inspection business. Post on the CMI® Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/certifiedmasterhomeinspector
Follow the Master Inspector Certification Board on LinkedIn:
Follow the MICB on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/master-inspector-certification-board
Add a custom CMI® background to your LinkedIn page:
Add a custom CMI® background to your LinkedIn page. Here is one you can download: http://certifiedmasterinspector.org/linkedin-background/
Add a custom CMI® background to your activerain profile:
Add a custom CMI® background to your activerain profile. Here is one you can download: http://certifiedmasterinspector.org/activerain-background
Create a press release announcing that you are a CMI® :
Create a press release announcing that you have been awarded the Certified Master Inspector® professional designation. The press release should be written on company letterhead and sent to prospective clients and real estate agents, and also uploaded to your inspection business website. It is an effective marketing tool that CMI®s can use to command higher inspection fees. Here is a sample press release that you can use: http://certifiedmasterinspector.org/sample-press-release If you submit your press release for publication, be sure to follow the formatting and conventions in this example so that the professionals you submit it to will take your announcement seriously and will publish it without delay.
Order CMI® rack cards:
Order Certified Master Inspector® rack cards that you can or affix your contact information to or staple your business card to by going here: http://www.inspectoroutlet.com/cmi-rack-cards.aspx
Order your free Certified Master Inspector® cap:
Order your free Certified Master Inspector® cap and wear it on your inspections and whenever you meet someone that might be in a position to refer you business. Your CMI® cap and shipping are free.
Order your free Certified Master Inspector® T-shirt:
Order your free Certified Master Inspector® T-shirt and wear it on your inspections and whenever you meet someone that might be in a position to refer you business. Your CMI® T-shirt and shipping are free at: http://www.inspectoroutlet.com/blue-cmi-shirt.aspx
Order your Certified Master Inspector® Polo shirt:
Order your Certified Master Inspector® Polo shirt and wear it on your inspections and whenever you meet someone that might be in a position to refer you business. You can order your CMI® Polo shirt at: http://www.inspectoroutlet.com/CMI-polo.aspx
Order your Certified Master Inspector® Vest:
Order your Certified Master Inspector® Vest and wear it on your inspections and whenever you meet someone that might be in a position to refer you business. You can order your CMI® vest at: http://www.inspectoroutlet.com/cmi-vest.aspx
Order your free Certified Master Inspector® shirt/jacket patches:
Order your free sew-on Certified Master Inspector® shirt/jacket patches. Your CMI® patches and shipping are free at: http://www.inspectoroutlet.com/free-cmi-patches.aspx
Order your Certified Master Inspector® shoe covers:
Order your Certified Master Inspector® shoe covers: http://www.inspectoroutlet.com/cmi-shoe-covers.aspx
Have custom CMI® brochures designed and printed.
Order a custom brochure with the Certified Master Inspector® logo on the front of it. If you are an InterNACHI member, InterNACHI’s Member Marketing Department will design one for you for free. Visit: http://marketing.nachi.org/portfolio
Have customized home maintenance books designed and printed:
Certified Master Inspectors® can have their own home maintenance books with their own inspection company logo, photos, and contact information on the cover for $2.70. Customization is free. Order here: http://certifiedmasterinspector.org/custom-now/
Order your free CMI® photo I.D.:
If you are both a member of InterNACHI and a Certified Master Inspector®, you can get a free Certified Master Inspector® photo ID card. Go here to order yours: http://certifiedmasterinspector.org/id
Order your free CMI® lanyard:
Order your free Certified Master Inspector® lanyard by going here: http://certifiedmasterinspector.org/lanyards
Order custom CMI® books:
Your company can have its own customized Certified Master Inspector® home maintenance book to give to clients. InterNACHI’s Member Marketing Department can put anything you want on the cover, including a different title, photo of you, your inspectors, your work vehicle, your logo, or whatever you like. Here is a generic image of one: http://certifiedmasterinspector.org/wp-content/uploads/sites/24/2016/09/CMI-cover.jpg For more information about having your own custom home maintenance book visit: https://www.nachi.org/now.htm
Use the Client Satisfaction Survey:
The Master Inspector Certification Board’s Client Satisfaction Survey hits seven birds with one stone:
- It reduces your liability. Often, a dissatisfied client will describe your services to his/her real estate agent — or, worse, to a judge — much differently than the truth. Procuring and maintaining a copy of this survey will bring them back to earth, so to speak. It is a handy document to have to present to an agent who is complaining and can often end a legal action all by itself. It is the next best thing to a deposition taken at the peak of their satisfaction with you.
- It alerts you to weaknesses in your service. Often, a client is too shy to complain to you in person about your service — or, worse, complains only to the agent who referred you. Providing this survey offers your client a way to express his/her dissatisfaction while you are still on the inspection site and can do something about it. Client feedback is very useful to improving your service.
- It reminds your client that you don’t have X-ray vision. It is important to explain to your client that a home inspection can’t reveal every defect that exists, or will ever exist, in their new home. This Survey works in conjunction with your pre-inspection agreement (between you and your client) in that it again reminds them of this fact.
- It encourages your client to order additional ancillary inspections. Some Certified Master Inspectors® offer additional inspections, such as WDO, radon, water quality, and mold testing — for additional fees, of course. This Survey reminds your client to ask about other services you might offer.
- It grants you written permission to discuss the report with others. And even more importantly, you can point to this document when a seller’s agent demands a copy of the inspection report by saying: “I’m sorry, but my client has given me written orders not to share the results of his/her report with anyone.”
- It lets your client know that you care about his/her opinion. Everyone likes being asked.
- It helps you get more work. By sending a copy of the flattering Survey back to the agent who referred you, you remind that agent to refer you again.
Learn how to use the Client Satisfaction Survey.
Use your CMI® to command higher inspection fees:
Ever get a caller who is shopping price? Get them to pay you $150 above and beyond what all your local competitors charge. It’s easy. Read pages 21 through 27 of this free, downloadable book: STACKS: A Home Inspector’s Guide to Increasing Gross Revenue (PDF).
Have a booth at an upcoming real estate event or home show:
Are you planning to have a booth for your inspection company at an upcoming real estate event or home show? We’ll ship you a beautiful Certified Master Inspector® tablecloth and pull-up banner stand to borrow for the event at no charge. To borrow a Certified Master Inspector® table cloth and have some free handouts shipped to you, go here: http://certifiedmasterinspector.org/booth and http://certifiedmasterinspector.org/stand
Check out the list of the best products and best services in the inspection industry:
Here is the entire list of best products and services: http://certifiedmasterinspector.org/best
And now for the VERY BEST THING you can do for your inspection business:
In 1911, long before Al Gore invented the Internet, a newspaper editor named Tess Flanders, while discussing journalism and publicity, came up with the solution we need when she said, “Use a picture. It’s worth a thousand words.”
A picture really is worth a thousand words. But what image should a home inspector use to instantly convey that he/she is the very best? It is an image of you, the inspector, being presented with the Certified Master Inspector® award. Here is what to do:
- First, have a custom award built at any local trophy shop. It should clearly show the words “Certified Master Inspector®” in large letters. Alternatively, they are available at: http://www.inspectoroutlet.com/cmi-wall-plaque.aspx
- Then, stage the photo shoot. Wear a nice shirt, preferably with your home inspection business logo on it. Perhaps have a fellow inspector, a local politician, or maybe a local real estate agent present you with the award.
- Make sure they dress up for the photo shoot. You may want the presenter to hand you the award while also shaking your hand. You should both be smiling into the camera.
- Smile and take the photo. This image conveys two parallel messages at once. The first is that you are a Certified Master Inspector®, which means that you’re the best. And the second is that you’re such a good inspector, you’re getting an award for it. It really is a killer image – concise and powerful!
- Put this image on the homepage of your inspection business website. A picture is worth a thousand words, and a photo of you being awarded your Certified Master Inspector® professional designation says it all. Hanging it on your office wall is nice, but won’t generate any sales. This image on your homepage will stop visitors to from moving on to check out your competitors’ websites by instantly convincing them that they’ve found the right inspector… you!